Thursday 19 May 2011

Bluebell Haze and Specimen Days

Over the last couple of days I've been langiushing in the bluebell field here at Hayford, marinading myself in thier sweet subtle scent, and as I walked up from Cross Furzes was delighted by this hillside carpet of blue!




My heart and spirit are overflowing with the joy and beauty of it all. A collection of shimmering dew-drops a masterpiece of nature......


In the words of Goethe...."If nature is your teacher, your soul will awaken"


The view of delicate shades of blue across Cross Furzes....


And the cool shady river at the bottom of the track....before ascending the hill

The ancient stand of beech trees where a herd of sheep find shade,nestled in amongst the knarly roots and trunks

Such noble faces.....

And I'm reminded of Walt Whitman's 'Specimen Days'....'Wild Flowers' and 'Straw-Color'd and other Psyches' where he notes everything he sees and is touched by.

So I write my very own 'Specimen Days'

Red Clover Plantain Chickweed
Bluebells Yellow Pimpernell Ground Ivy
And still my beloved Violets
Bracken Wood Sorrel Wild Srawberry
Bedstraw Herb Robert Campion
Blossom-full Hawthorn trees,buzzing with bees and dripping with lichen (my favourite green!)
Honeysuckle Wild Carrot Cow Parsley
Woodbine Stichwort Birdsong
Two dancing brown Butterflys Floating Dandelion Seeds.............................


...... my take on it...a collection of specimen jars......

And tiny bowls of forget me knot blue and delicate hawthorn white..................


No comments:

Post a Comment