Saturday 2 June 2012

Pop Up Shop and Home.........

I am very blessed to live in the most Magical place on Dartmoor and when the sun shines it's heavenly, this sunny picture is from Wednesday....today is typically misty and moody...I like that too, as I write it's raining a torrent


A corner of my home.....


...a corner of the courtyard....


I'm a practicing Buddhist.....I practice and study the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin...which involves reciting two chapters of the Lotus Sutra twice a day and then chanting Nam myoho Renge Kyo... in a nutshell the basic premise is that everyone is a Buddha....and deep respect for the sanctity of all life...which sounds easy but is actually qiute hard to practice. I had a meeting here on Thursday and picked flowers to give a posy to everyone who came...they looked so beautiful that I just had to photograph them...each one local Devon wild flowers....Fern, Cow Parsley, Red Campion, Stitchwort, Forget-me-not, Buttercup and Ladies Smock......


And for this weekend in the mist....a pop up shop...rather hastily assembled over in the yard-tack room,
if you look closely you can see Warpaint grazing in the background....





My favourite Birch Bark.... a series of Specimen Days.....


afore mentioned Fern...framed in all it's vibrant green glory against the white threadbare cotton.....


Just loving playing with constellations and the myriad stories they present.....

No comments:

Post a Comment