Saturday 14 September 2013

Opportunities for Spreading Joy! ......an experiment....

While in London a few weeks ago I recieved a parking ticket, which I appealed as I felt I had a good case, I hadn't knowingly or diliberately flaunted the parking rules or restrictions and apart from anything else felt it was unjust. The lines where I'd parked had almost completely worn away making it very difficult for someone like myself not familiar to the area to be fully aware of where the bay started and stopped and if at all the rule was still in operation, and nowhere on the sign did it say "please park within the faintly marked barely visable bays".  Further along the road the lines were non exsistant where the road had been patched, I wrote in my appeal letter that I felt it is the councils duty to keep the lines clearly painted in and to make sure signage is clear if they are to enforce this rule. However my appeal fell on the deaf ears of Gina Cole and was declined. So I felt a little upset largely because there are many ways too numerous to mention here that I could put thirty pounds to better use.
I decided that the only thing I could do was turn it into something positive, creative and fun for myself, thereby extracting any of the poisonous vitriole that wanted to spew forth from my bitter tongue at the injustice of it all. So this is what will arrive on the desk of the parking civil servant on Monday Morning, I wish I could've installed a little video camera that would start recording when he or she opens the box.





The cheque is inside this folded letter which is full of stars!!!!




The letter reads!



6 comments:

  1. I love this, truly heartening and an inspiration to melt bitterness and turn all those nasty experiences into something higher. Thanks so much you amazing you!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte you are an inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. if ever there was an illustration of "throwing pearls before swines: this is it. still, for yourself this is the most wonderful 'poison-cleansing',detox act. i can imagine her disbelief when she received it. did she take it home? i hope it made her contemplate the reality of people who suffer the consequences of her blind indifference (or calculated malice!) art is often born of ways to negotiate pain. still, she didn't deserve to be blessed with your gift....

    ReplyDelete