Wednesday 1 December 2010

Frozen Charlotte


Here is my one of my lovely Frozen Charlotte dolls, I thought it would be quite an appropriate post given that I am completely frozen up here on Dartmoor, well I would be if I wasn't swaddled in jumpers, leg warmers and blankets. The story of the Frozen Charlotte comes from a poem and a folk song based on a true story about a girl named Charlotte who was going to a Ball with her boyfriend Charles. She had a beautiful new silk dress which she didn't want creased or covered up as she rode behind Charles on his sleigh, she wanted her dress to be seen and admired by all. However much her Mother pleaded with her she refused to take the blanket and set off into the snowy icy night. Charles tried to drive them as fast as he could, urging the Horses on, but when they arrive at the Ball as he went to take her had to help her down from the sliegh he realised Charlotte had frozen to death, poor Charles died of a broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment