Wednesday 1 December 2010

Tiny Brass Legs

Spiral Woman; Louise Bourgeois

Arch of Hysteria : Louise Bourgeois


I bought these little nutcracker legs in Totnes market years ago when you could still find a treasure, before ebay, I absolutely love the tiny feet, they remind me of the Louise Bourgeois sculpture, Spiral Woman, which is utterly exquisite. When I visited the Louise Bourgeois exhibition at the Tate Modern in 2007 I was so drawn to the feet of the hanging bronze sculpture, Arch of Hysteria that I absolutely had to stroke the arch of it's foot, so I waited until i though the security person wasn't looking and stole a stroke.......I was caught out and strictly told "not to touch the exhibits" however it was too late by that point because I'd done it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment