Wednesday 23 March 2011

Currently Coveting....Laura Carlin Ceramics


I just love love love these exquisite ceramics by Laura Carlin, a little bit too divine for words.
I came across the very talented Laura Carlin as I was leafing through the latest edidtion of World Of Interiors magazine where you can read all about her,or follow my link to her blog on my 'Blogs I Love' section.


I just love her sense of colour and pattern, I'm thinking she must be influenced by textiles for sure, or maybe just loves textiles, judging by the patchwork themes of these two bowls.



The pattern on the bowl below reminds me of Josef Frank fabric.


I love the naive quality of her illustrations, I'm secretly thinking I might just have to save up for one of her pieces...I haven't quite got the courage to email and ask how much they are.


Or maybe just get on down to a ceramic evening class, which I've actually seriously been thinking about doing lately , and these have inspired me further.



4 comments:

  1. Laura is one of my favourite illustrators too. Have you seen 'The iron man' that she illustrated it's fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen some of the illustrations but not the whole actual book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just came across these on textile designer and illustrator Lena Corwins blog. They are gorgeous...really unique quality to them. ps. lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful patterns! i loveeeee.

    ReplyDelete