Thursday 10 March 2011

Ways with Walnuts and antidotes to dullness


Last week a French woman , Sandrine, came to stay with her two children, her father is a farmer and she bought with her vast amounts of walnuts grown by him and the yummiest, mildest, softest goats cheese (which i normally hate) , also made by him from his own Goat's milk.....are you conjuring the image?



So here are some of those walnuts displayed with my previously featured favourite nut crackers. I've been munching my way through a fair few of them, while admiring the beautiful shells I was wondering what I could do with them, so I sawed a few in half and thought they reminded me of tiny fairy sized boats and then had this image in my mind of lots of them like little floating candles sailing down a tiny stream at dusk.


So this morning I thought to myself I'd try to make some tiny floating walnut candles and was quite delighted with the results I have to admit, and just couldn't resist making a tiny little lace sail for one of them. Here it is below in a mossy setting waitng to launch!


Just to prove that they actually do float I though I'd better try them out, I was going to do it in the stream but it's blowing a gale up here today, so I made a little harbour for them to sale around in an old hollow of a tree trunk in the garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment