Sunday 13 March 2011

Spring-time lunch at the hide-out!


My inner hedge- witch can hardly contain herself today as I gather and prepare for a spring-time lunch. It's so warm in the garden and the first dandelion flowers have appeared. So I'm very excited to be gathering herbs.........


We'll be having nettle soup and I havn't decided yet on wild garlic salad or wild garlic and walnut pesto.....or maybe both.


Which will be followed by lemon balm tea....the sweet lovely Melissa, and crystallised primrose flowers, which I will crystallise using rose water and unrefined caster sugar.



All the while I can enjoy the beautiful Helebore and Snowdrops on my kitchen windowsill and the amazing green vibrancy of the nettles which I also felt deserved to be among the display and honoured for her many marvelous medicinal qualities, never ever even whisper the word weed within ear shot of the queen of the way-side.


I'll just leave this dandelion flower steeping for a while in some wine for later as a digestive apperitif!

No comments:

Post a Comment