Wednesday 5 January 2011

Beautiful spoons and my favourite tea towel

My first blog of 2011, almost had forgotten how to do it, it's like reinventing the wheel for me if I leave it too long. Anyway thought I'd photograph my growing collection of spoons...I just have a thing about spoons, particularly wooden and bone ones, the more used and worn they become...I love the the section in museums with the really ancient spoons and needles and combs made from bone and wood....I'm thinking one day I might just open my own little museum (this constant thought justifies my collection).
I've captured them laid out on my favourite and very threadbare tea towel...I'm not sure why I love it so much, but it's now beyond darning,more bare than thread! I especially like the raised eyebrows expression on my mum's face when she comes to stay and picks up the tea towel.



So my spoons live in jars on my kitchen windowsill where I can admire thier beauty as I wash up, I've come to learn that if I can feast my eyes on some of my favourite things whilst doing the drudgery and chores of the day then actually I hardly notice the job at hand. So along side my spoons are some of my glass bottles and jars which in the summer are filled with a single flower each. My lovely Poole Pottery teapot, and the cutest little ceramic spoon and dish given to me as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment