Wednesday 5 January 2011

Memories of a Late Summer Washing Line and the Hidden "art" of the Domestic Landscape


Inspired by my last post I thought I'd share this image of this lovely old model boat Sylvie and I bought for the Bathing House at Sharpham in the Summer. You can see from the photo, just about, that it it even has a little anchor! Ok so I could lie and pretend that the windowsill is in front of a kitchen sink, it's not, it's on a stairwell, but imagine hoovering those stairs or sweeping the cobwebs while enjoying the spectacular view of the river and admiring this little old boat.


Some of my favourite Jane Wellans pottery in my kitchen cupboard, and below a photo I found of a particularly aestheticly pleasing washing line from late summer which is one of my favorite views from the kitchen window, not today however, it has an altogether very grey and wet look at the moment. So sorting through my summer pics cheered me up, a promise of things to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment