Wednesday 12 January 2011

Once Upon a Time...many,many years ago...in Moth time that is...


"So, I arrived one day, apparently dead, on the windowsill, then she found me and admired my beauty with such tenderness and delight, I had never felt so adored. She treated me like Royalty and drew endless portraits of me, insisting on capturing my front and rear qualities, and desperately trying in earnest to be faithful to the fragilty of my wings and the ermine like quality of my stole and powdery soft body.



She insisted on designing a very fine dress for me out of old lace, I couldn't refuse, she seemed so excited by the idea, I must admit, so was I, and a crown which didn't really fit, but i didn't mind, it was so beautiful and no one had ever made a crown for me before, I didn't like to make a fuss.

She asked so many questions about what it felt like to be inside my cocoon, and did I really spin the threads with my own mouth.....so intrigued she was, but in all honesty I couldn't quite remember, you see once I'd had my first flight with my new wings , thats all there was for me, everything that had been before was forgotten.

So she made up her own little story, imagining for herself what it might be like....

struggling to break out of the warm safe cocoon..........








Here is the crown she made for me....now you can really see how just too big it was.

And this is the drawing she made of my cocoon.............

I loved the story and the pictures she made...and left her a little drawing of my own."

4 comments:

  1. Oh and now this exquisite moth of yours has come to make love with her partner on our kitchen window. How lucky we live so close, Charlotte! Who is this enchanting romeo -that's what we need to know...
    Susan xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well that is just too perfect! maybe we don't need to know who her Romeo is.....my sense is that she is quite a private and demure creature...except for when she's on full dispaly on your windowsill! xxx

      Delete
  2. ah, but you are moving away soon - flitting as you might say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am indeed, a bit sad....but I'm sure there are moths where I'm going and new portals to adventures will open!

    ReplyDelete